Some weddings can be so humbling
Brooke and Christian had a beautiful wedding ceremony and reception at the Redlands Community Center in Grand Junction, CO. Theirs was the third wedding I have captured for their families and it is always an honor to share multiple family members’ events. I almost feel like part of the family!
What we loved about this wedding:
- The Feet Washing Ceremony – often times at weddings we all get carried away with the decor, fitting into the dress, the attendees, and all the minor details of the day, that we sometimes forget that it isn’t about any of those things. We loved that Brooke and Christian shared in a feet washing ceremony in front of their family and friends to make sure the day was about them committing themselves to each other. It was beautiful.
- Brooke’s Dress – the delicate details of Brooke’s dress glimmered in the mid-afternoon sunlight, adding a perfect fairy tale touch to the ceremony.
- The Cake – we were certainly impressed by the cake which was made by Brooke’s brother-in-law, and it was his first cake he’d ever made.
- The Bouquet – Succulents and white roses for the win! How much prettier can it get?
Feet Washing Ceremony
Interested in doing a feet washing ceremony at your wedding? Here is some additional information on the details of the cereony.
Washing your spouse’s feet:
- Says “I love you”.
- Shows that you honor and respect your spouse.
- Demonstrates a humility of heart and character, kneeling before your spouse.
- Communicates “I will be here for you through the muck and mud of life”.
- Places you in a position of prayer (on your knees).
Having your feet washed:
- Says “You are loved”.
- Shows you can receive your spouse’s support, and won’t “go it alone”.
- Communicates, “I will let you help me”.
- Places you in a position of power, which we need to remember we hold, so we don’t abuse it!
Check out some of the photos we took of Brooke and Christian’s Big Day!
Saying “I DO”
Are you planning a Grand Junction, Colorado Wedding? I would love to be a part of your special day to capture all of your special moments! Check out some of our past photoshoots and contact us when you are ready to book your session! We can’t wait to meet with you and plan a fun and unique shoot with you and your family!