Sometimes I feel like one of the luckiest photographers in the world. The amazing beauty of the Grand Valley, the Colorado National Monument, Mount Garfield, and the Grand Mesa are all within miles of Grand Junction. Offering the most spectacular views anyone could ever ask for. Throw in the Colorado River, gorgeous wineries, and sunsets to die for and you really never need to leave this place. Nature has given us a backdrop that cannot be imagined or fabricated.
Anna and Dylan took advantage of the gorgeous views Grand Junction has to offer and did their first look and wedding party photos on a ledge on the Colorado National Monument. Not a car, building, or another person in sight! Just the two of them, the beautiful landscape and their love being captured.
What we loved about this wedding:
- The Bridesmaids – They were all from the East Coast and were in absolute awe of the views on the Colorado National Monument, I mean can you blame them!
- The florals – Country Elegance Florists did not disappoint with the florals for the whole event. Including bouquets, cake decor, and florals for the arch. This was a beautiful display of perfect and classic wedding colors.
- The barn – Is it even a Colorado wedding without a great barn picture? Dylan’s family home offered the perfect red barn for them to get a photo in front of, with the addition of their sweet pooch.
- The cake – We love cake. We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again. Cake is fun! This cake, from Be Sweet Cafe & Bakeshop, was not only gorgeous but delicious!
- The ceremony – Was held at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, the priest beautifully sang Ava Maria, and the stained glass was nothing short of breathtaking.
- Anna and her dad – When Anna’s father saw her for the first time in her gown they both broke down in tears. It was such a special, emotional moment and I was so happy to have caught it on camera for them to cherish.
A special note about this couple, I met them 9 years ago at Dylan’s sister, Kassia’s wedding. I took her bridal photos on the Colorado Monument as well and have been photographing the whole family since. I am so blessed to have met them and can now call them my friends!
Check out some of the photos we took of Anna and Dylan’s Big Day!
Saying “I DO”
Are you planning a Grand Junction Colorado Wedding? I would love to be a part of your special day to capture all of your special moments! Check out some of our past photoshoots and contact us when you are ready to book your session! We can’t wait to meet with you and plan a fun and unique shoot with you and your family!